Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Friday, October 22, 2004

Finally, a voice of sense from the Bush campaign.

Laura Bush, quoted in an article in the Washington post:
"It doesn't matter to me," Laura Bush said. "It didn't hurt my feelings. It was perfectly all right, and she apologized. But she didn't even really need to apologize. I know how tough it is. And actually, I know those trick questions, too." Later, she said in an interview , "I think she was trying to talk about herself and not about me -- I really do."

This was about the Teresa H-K interview where she said she didn't think Laura had ever had a real job. The T H-K comment was an aside to the actual thread of the interview. I read the transcript of the complete interview and I agree with Laura. All the spin is pure politics from BC04 making something out of nothing.

Good for Laura!

But why am I so relieved to hear somebody say something reasonable for a change?

Actually, the whole T H-K interview was pretty sensible. I think I'd prefer to vote for a Teresa Heinz-Kerry/Laura Bush ticket. And also, Elizabeth Edwards' seems like a reasonable person. For a lawyer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home