Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Letter to Congresswoman Hart

Congresswoman Melissa Hart
1508 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

Congresswoman Hart:

I am a registered Republican in Lawrence County and I voted for you in the last two House elections.

I was very disappointed to read that you voted on Wednesday November 10 to lower the ethics of the House Republicans. As you must know, I am referring to the vote in the Republican caucus to change the rule requiring Republican leadership to step down from their position if under indictment.

This rewriting of the rules to accommodate one person really sends out a bad signal to me about the Republican Party in general.

It also shocks me to know that there's a possibility that the House Republicans will be led by an individual under indictment for a felony offense. Actually, it more than shocks me, it appalls me.

I do have to ask you if the $15,000 campaign contribution you got from Tom DeLay's PAC clouded your judgement in this vote? I certainly hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home