Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Good News and Bad News

The bad news is:     Bush got re-elected.
The good news is:     The Steelers have won 9 in a row.

I followed the heartbreaking Browns off and on for many years when I lived in the Cleveland area. But I lost interest when Art Modell moved the team to Baltimore.

Then we moved to Pennsylvania in 1999, 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. That was the first year for the new Browns. Even though there are a lot of fans in the area (we're close to Youngstown), I never really rekindled my interest with the new Browns.

In 2002, I discovered that the Steelers are a pretty decent team with a great coach and an even greater owner. I've been following them ever since.

I've also been following an NCAA Division III team from Alliance, Ohio, a small town about 50 miles west of here. They are the Mount Union Purple Raiders.
  • They've won the Division III National Championship seven times
    ('93 - '96 - '97 - '98 - '00 - '01 - '02).
  • They hold the longest and second longest winning streaks in college football history of 55 and 54 games.
  • And they've won something like 119 of their last 121 games.
My kind of team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home