Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Greencastle Coffee Roasters II

We're no longer on the honeymoon with Greencastle Coffee Roasters!

The Greencastle Guatemala Antigua was, I believe, a bit stale. At least I had to put 50% more coffee into the coffeemaker to get a decently strong brew. And we were not all that thrilled with the taste. It was a bit rough. But that might have been the taste of those beans.

The Columbia Supremo, a coffee I'm very familiar with, did not have the good taste of Columbia Supremo I've come to enjoy. I also had to put 25% more Greencastle coffee in the pot to get the strength we are used to.

So I can no longer recommend Greencastle Coffee Roasters. We were not pleased with the quality or the freshness of the coffee. We won't be buying any more from them.

The Columbia Supremos we are happy with are Gloria Jeans and Dunkin Donuts. Though I don't think Dunkin Donuts specifically say their coffee in Columbia Supremo, we do enjoy their coffee. After we finished the Greencastle coffee, we got a pound of Gloria Jeans Columbia Supremo. There's no comparison.

Addendum:
I ordered another three pounds from another coffee roaster, this one in Oregon (I'll tell you more about that after we've sampled the coffee). Beverly normally doesn't get too excited about whether a coffee is good or not, implying that coffee is coffee is coffee. But she did say that she would be very unhappy if we went through another three weeks of coffee hell if this new source turns out to be like Greencastle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home