Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Longbottom Coffee & Tea

If you appreciate good coffee, I highly recommend Longbottom Coffee & Tea. On March 26th, I ordered three pounds of coffee from them and all three pounds were excellent. They arrived in three days in sealed vacuum pack pouches. I bought one pound each of Columbian Supremo, Costa Rican Tarrazu and Guatemalan Antigua. We enjoyed all three.

When the coffee arrived, I put the three packages into two zip-lock freezer bags and put them in the freezer. The day before I wanted to start using one of the coffees, I took it out of the freezer and let it warm up to room temperature still sealed. That eliminates condensation on the beans themselves. After they are at room temperature, I opened the bag and ground enough for one pot of coffee. Excellent!

As I mentioned before, we have been drinking and enjoying Gloria Jeans Columbia Supremo coffee, which is available at a kiosk in an outlet mall about 8 miles from us. We'll continue to get their coffee, but will certainly intersperse it with Longbottoms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home