Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Friday, May 19, 2006

TGIF

Beverly went to Homegrown Greenhouse today and bought flowers for the stoop and boxes in the side yard. But it's still raining, so it may be awhile before we get them planted. And the grass keeps getting longer . . .

Yesterday I downloaded the MSIE7 Beta from Microsoft and installed it. I'm not all that thrilled with its "upgraded" interface. Also, it's still in Beta test, so it's buggy. Very buggy. Things don't work, including some rather obvious things, like initial setup stuff. Also, not long after installation, I could no longer get my ftp download (filezilla) to transfer files to my web site hoster. And then I got the blue screen of death. First time on this computer!!! A warning on the screen said it shut down to prevent damage to my computer. And that if I had installed new hardware or SOFTWARE recently, I should take them out. So I did. Uninstall worked properly and I'm now back to MSIE6. What a waste of time!

But hooray, it's Friday. We'll be having margaritas and pizza tonight, our usual Friday evening fare. And at 7:00, I'll be watching LeBron and the Cavs take on the Pistons in game 6 of their playoff series. The Cavs are up 3 games to 2. A win tonight will make it four in a row for the Cavs and will eliminate Detroit from the playoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home