Sylvania Reflections

Larry's Opinions and Items Of Interest From Penn's Woods

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Frankie Yankovic

I got two CD's in the mail yesterday. Frank Yankovic and Friends, Songs of the Polka King Volumes 1 and 2. The songs include the following "classics": "Who Stole the Kiska", "Cleveland the Polka Town", "The Beer Barrel Polka" and "In Heaven there is No Beer". All songs well known to anybody living in Cleveland twenty to thirty years ago, which I did. I think they're great! The Polish member of our house is not impressed. Her father loved polkas but she doesn't. I guess it's a guy thing.

I found the CDs on the web, Amazon and many others sell them. But I bought directly from Ida Yankovic, who I assume is Frankie's third wife. She's lives in or around Scottdale, which is southeast of Pittsburgh.

Whilst spreading mulch in my yard yesterday, I couldn't keep the tune "In Heaven There is No Beer" out of my mind and kept humming it. Hmmm! I probably shouldn't have admitted that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home